6 Exercises for Lower Back Pain Relief
Lower back pain impacts the lives of millions of Americans every day. Traditional medical care treats lower back pain using medication or surgery, yet only 56% of medical care recipients had a 30% reduction in low back pain after 4 weeks of treatment. On the opposite end of the spectrum, 94% of patients treated by a doctor of chiropractic noted a 30% reduction in low back pain after 4 weeks of treatment!
Chiropractic care is obviously an effective means for managing pain AND treating it at its roots, rather than masking pain with medication. Our goal is to treat the pain at its source through thorough and skilled evaluations and adjustments. Here are our doctor’s recommendations for 6 exercises for lower back pain relief.
1. Hamstring Floor Stretch- Hold each leg for half a minute twice.
2. Knee to Chest Stretch- Hold each your leg twice for 20 seconds. This exercise will allow your muscles to relax and firm your glutes.
3. Spinal Stretch- Maintain this position for 20 seconds and iterate on the other knee. You can iterate it few times but don’t push yourself to the limits.
4. The Hip Flexors Stretch- Maintain this position for half a minute and then change your legs and iterate.
5. Quadriceps Stretch- Iterate the exercise twice on both sides by holding your legs in this position for half a minute.
6. Sphinx Stretch- Lay flat on the floor on your stomach, and prop your chest up off the floor with your forearms. Keep your elbows directly under your shoulders, and press down with your palms and the tops of your feet. Rotate your pubic bone forward. You will feel some pressure in your lower back. Hold for 1-3 minutes.
These 6 exercises can help provide lower back pain relief in combination with chiropractic care. Call us today to schedule your consult. Lower back pain should NOT be part of your life!