16 Tips for Enjoying City Life on a Budget
Chicago is one of the greatest cities in the world. With so much to see and do, it’s important to establish a budget so you can live life in the city without going into debt. Check out these 16 tips for enjoying city life in Chicago on a budget!
- Check out the free stuff happening at Millennium and Grant Park.
- Check out the museums on one of their free days.
- Get a Chicago Public Library card to get access to books, free lawn passes to select classical music concerts, and more.
- Head the beach! They are always free, and some even have wifi.
- Consider getting a roommate to help with the cost of living.
- Go visit the lions, and tigers, and bears, oh my! Lincoln Park Zoo always offers free admission.
- Chicago is made up of so many amazing neighborhoods- check out the neighborhood festivals and take them all in.
- Watch the Navy Pier fireworks every Wednesday and Saturday night in the summer for a fun and free event.
- Head on over to see The Second City , a comedy sketch group who has produced greats such as Tina Fey, Mike Meyers, and Stephen Colbert. They perform free improv skits every night but Fridays.
- Into yoga? What about free yoga? Check out Free Yoga Chicago for a schedule of free classes.
- 3 words: Urban. Outfitters. Surplus. Score AMAZING Urban Outfitters deals at the only location in the country!
- Eating out on a budget? Crocodile on Milwaukee Avenue offers free pizza with the purchase of a drink!
- Check out the local farmer’s markets for fresh, cheap produce.
- Avoid driving and purchase a CTA pass or bike to work! You’ll save on fuel costs and parking fees.
- Score some amazing grub from The Tamale Guy and get 12 delicious tamales for about $10.
- Skip the theater and watch the movies in the park for free! These start up in late spring and run through September.
What are some of your favorite ways to enjoy Chicago on a budget? We’d love to hear!