10 Tiny Lifestyle Changes to Make You Healthier Now
We all want to make changes in our lives to help us become healthier versions of ourselves, so we wanted to offer you 10 tiny lifestyle changes to make you healthier now!
1. Eat fruit instead of candy. Candy is sweet because of its processed sugar. Fruit is sweet because it contains natural sugar, but is still good for you because it’s rich in fiber which helps you digest the sugar more slowly.
2. Shop on a full stomach. Shopping when you’re hungry is never a good idea. It makes all. the. things. seem delicious and tempting. Shop when you’re full so you can make smart choices and avoid the junk!
3. Learn to cook (if you haven’t already!) Cooling at home is linked to eating healthier, saving money, and boosting self-esteem. Order up some cookbooks and get after it!
4. Drink your coffee black. If you don’t like your coffee black, here’s an unfortunate rude awakening — you likely prefer what you’re putting in your coffee instead of coffee itself. Ditch the sugary creamer and reap the health benefits coffee has to offer.
5. Sub butter on your toast with mashed avocado. Avocados are a great source of healthy fats and are packed with potassium, magnesium, vitamins C and E, and fiber!
6. Drink plenty of water. The benefits of staying hydrated are numerous: increased energy, better skin, weight loss, etc. Bottoms up!
7. Park farther away from your destination. Go for the empty spot in the back of the lot and increase the number of steps you take each day!
8. Take the stairs. Ditching the elevator or escalator for the stairs is another great way to increase the number of calories you burn each day.
9. Wash and dry your hands regularly. Duh. Washing your hands with warm water and soap gets ride of germs, and drying off prevents the spread of bacteria and is one of the most effective ways to prevent infection.
10. Wear sunscreen. Sunscreen is one of the best ways to prevent skin cancer and to take care of your skin!