Where to Watch 4th of July Fireworks in Chicago
The Fourth of July in Chicago is truly amazing. Our city has plenty of options for spectacular fireworks displays — check out our list below for the who, what, when, and where for this year’s Independence Day fireworks shows!
- Navy Pier – Navy Pier features beautiful fireworks perfectly synchronized to music on Lake Michigan. Large crowds are expected on July 2 (10:15pm) and July 4 (9:30pm), so plan your visit accordingly!
- Itasca – Itasca features the largest fireworks in the Chicago area at Hamilton Lakes. Live music starts at 7pm with Pat McKillen and continues at 8pm with Maggie Speaks. Fireworks should begin between 9:45-10pm!
- Northwest Fourth-Fest – Boasted as “the burbs” biggest Fourth of July Celebration, the Northwest Fourth-Fest is sure to be fun. Check out the carnival, food, fireworks, and more! Check the event site for specific schedules.
- Glen Ellyn Fourth of July – This event includes a morning run, noon parade of floats and bands, afternoon carnival, bands, dancing, and fireworks at dusk!
- Highland Park Festival – Fourth Fest includes a children’s bike and pet parade at 9:30am, a parade of floats & bands at 10am, carnival rides, food and music at 11am, battle of the bands at 4pm and fireworks at 9:30pm.
- Freedom Fest – Get a rooftop view of the Fourth of July fireworks above Navy Pier at Freedom Fest which has DJ music, BBQ for sale, and a cash bar.
What are your plans to celebrate Independence Day?