Valentine’s Day Events and Restaurants in Chicago
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching! Each year on February 14, millions across the world celebrate St. Valentine by exchanging flowers, candies, and gifts with loved ones. Chicago, one of the greatest cities in the world, is the perfect place to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your special someone!
Show your loved one that you care by planning a Valentine’s Day they won’t forget. Chicago is having plenty of Valentine’s Day themed events to celebrate St. Valentine — read below for more information!
What To Do in Chicago on Valentine’s Day
- Cupid’s Undie Run Chicago
- For the fitness types around town, here’s a Valentine’s run for a good cause. The only catch is you gotta do it in your skivvies… in February. Runners raise funds for the Children’s Tumor Foundation!
- Empty Bottle Valentine’s Day Dance
- The Empty Bottle marks the most romantic day of the year with a dance party, featuring sci-fi rockabilly outfit Super Sonic Space Rebels, throwback punks the Lizzies and alt-county tunes from Bremer and the No Goods. Proceeds from this show will benefit Rape Victims Advocates.
- See a classic romantic movie at one of the following theaters:
- When Harry Met Sally: Music Box Theatre, Feb 14 at 7:30pm. $11.
- Moonstruck: Logan Theatre, Feb 14-16 at 10:30pm, $8.50
- Date Night at Ignite Glass Studios
- Couples create a heart out of glass while sipping on free sparkling wine and nibbling chocolates. Try it out before heading to a delicious dinner!
- Hot Miami Night’s Valentine’s Event at Ballroom Dance Chicago
- Spice up your Valentine’s Day plans at this hour-long group salsa and rumba class, complete with sparkling wine and hors o’oeuvres. This event will have you and yours laughing, dancing, and enjoying each other’s company.
- Carmen at Lyric Opera House
- From the Lyric Opera House’s website, “Opera has plenty of femmes fatales, but there’s only one Carmen. Her allure proves spellbinding as she seduces a hapless corporal and then a dashing bullfighter. You’ll feel the heat as you’re captivated by Bizet’s bewitching melodies — the smoky Habanera, the playful Seguidilla, the provocative Gypsy Song. Every single melody in this ever-popular opera is a beloved hit, and each is brought to life by a cast of spectacular leading artists. Join us for this production — never before seen in Chicago…”
It’s no secret that Chicago is a city that loves its food. With some of the best chefs in the world, Chicago restaurants know how to do Valentine’s Day the right way. Whether you’re looking for amazing views of the city, or a quiet, intimate atmosphere, we can help!
Read below for suggestions on where to take your Valentine on February 14. Make sure you call these restaurants for a reservation — spots fill quickly!
Most Romantic Restaurants in Chicago on Valentine’s Day
Chicago Cut Steakhouse: Chicago Cut Steakhouse is not only a place to grab one of the best steaks in the city, but you may even spot a celebrity or two if you can peel your eyes away from the amazing skyline views from the River North side of the Chicago River.
- 300 N La Salle Drive
RM Champagne Salon: It looks like a speakeasy on the outside, and an amazing French bistro on the inside. The champagne is obviously a star, but Executive Chef Jared Van Camp’s menu is equally amazing. Enjoy bistro classics such as steak frites, a raw bar, and exquisite cheeses. The ambiance is romantic and soft, perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- 116 N Green St
- (312) 243-1199
Cindy’s: Located on the rooftop of The Chicago Athletic Association Hotel, Cindy’s restaurant and open-air terrace has panoramic views of Millennium Park, the Art Institute, Lake Michigan, and beyond, not to mention incredible seasonal menus that will have your mouth watering.
- 12 S Michigan Ave
Celeste: Celeste has three floors, and each of them has a different menu and mood. The downstairs is loud and energetic, with great music. The second floor is a glamorous, 1920s style Deco Room with a softer vibe and intimate seating. The third floor is a garden rooftop with an expansive drink menu. Enjoy!
- 111 W. Hubbard St.
- (312) 828-9000
Everest Restaurant: As one of Chicago’s longest-running fine dining establishments, Everest serves incredible French cuisine with an equally amazing wine collection. Located on the 40th floor of the Chicago Stock Exchange, the food, wine, and view will take your breath away.
- 440 S La Salle Street
Geja’s Cafe: Geja’s Cafe is hosting special Valentine’s Day dinner packages. It will feature three special reserved seatings on Tuesday, February 14. Reservations are available at 4:00pm, 6:30pm, and 9:00pm. All guests will enjoy a four-course fondue dinner and dessert, as well as a glass of Dopff and Irion Cremant d’ Alsace Rose.
- 340 West Armitage Avenue
- (773) 281-9101
The Signature Room: Located on the 95th floor of the John Hancock building, the Signature room’s food and views are both astonishingly amazing. Their speciality cocktails and dishes, along with the view, will have you coming back time and time again.
- 875 N. Michigan Ave
NoMI Kitchen: With its gorgeous floor to ceiling windows, guests can dine on seasonally inspired dishes (some of the best in the city!), while catching stunning views of Michigan Avenue from 7 stories up. The cuisine, people watching, and views will have you coming back time and time again.
- 800 N Michigan Ave
Whether you choose to walk the Magnificent Mile, dine at an outstanding restaurant, or participate in one of the many events going on throughout the city, Valentine’s in Chicago is not to be missed.
At Gold Coast Chiropractic, Dr. Fisher cares about more than just his patients’ spines. Enjoy your Valentine’s Day with your special someone or group of friends, and remember the best way you can love yourself is to stay in good health!
Call Gold Coast Chiropractic today at 312.988.9655 or email info(at)goldcoastchiropractic.com to schedule your appointment today! Your spine plays an integral role in your overall well-being. Let Dr. Fisher make sure it’s properly aligned so that you can live your best life.