The Best Farm to Table Restaurants in Chicago
Farm-to-table dining is one of the latest dining trends keeping Chicago abuzz in the culinary world. This food scene lets you enjoy locally sourced protein, fresh vegetables, and sustainable ingredients, making your meal not only delicious, but something you can feel good eating as it pumps back into the local economy. Here are some of our personal favorite farm-to-table restaurants in the city:
- The Bristol in Bucktown
- Handmade cocktails, farm to table food, beers from around the world, an impressive wine list, and some of our favorite meals in Chicago can all be found at The Bristol located in Bucktown. Head on over for a great dinner or a stellar brunch- you won’t be disappointed.
- Frontera Grill in River North
- With food that will transport you to the colorful kitchens of Mexico, Frontera Grill has a menu packed with amazing flavors, constantly varied dishes, and is made from food sourced from Midwestern farmers. Not to mention, their margaritas are out of this world.
- Farmhouse Chicago in River North
- Farmhouse Chicago is located in the River North neighborhood and is a farm to tavern restaurant that makes all of their own burgers, condiments, and sodas from scratch. They’ve got 28 craft beers on tap, incredible food, and an atmosphere that can’t be beat.
- North Pond in Lincoln Park
- At the edge of the pond and overlooking the gorgeous Chicago skyline, North Pond has one of the most amazing settings in the city. Chef Bruce Sherman uses ingredients at the height of their season and supports local farmers whenever possible, making amazing dishes.
- Pleasant House Bakery in Bridgeport
- With a British-inspired, locally sourced menu, Pleasant House Bakery will have you coming back time and time again. Try one of their amazing Royal Pies while sipping on your BYOB beverage, and you may never leave!
- Nightwood in Pilsen
- Handwritten menus each day prove that this restaurant is about as fresh as it gets! They work closely with the best farmers in the Midwest to insure that your meal is nutritious, delicious, and one of the best you’ll ever have.