Coffee. One of the most motivating reasons to get out of bed and going in the morning. Not only does coffee give us a wonderful jolt of energy, it turns out it packs some powerful health benefits as well! Read on to learn the surprising health benefits of coffee!
1. Cardiovascular protection. By drinking one to two cups a per day of coffee, you can significantly reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease-related death. According to one Japanese study of more than 76,000 participants, men who consumed one to two cups of coffee each day reduced their risk of dying from heart disease by up to 38%!
2. Risk aversion. A National Institutes of Health — AARP Diet and Health Study of more than 400,000 participants found that drinking even just one cup of coffee each day reduced the participants’ risk of death by 6%. Drinking two to three cups each day reduced the risk of death by 10% during the timeframe of the study. Drinking four to five cups each day reduced the risk by 12% during the course of the study!
3. Diabetes defense. It’s no secret that there is a diabetes epidemic happening across our country as more and more people are obese. Between 1986 and 1998 Harvard researchers tracked the coffee intake and occurrence of type-2 diabetes of more than 40,000 men. They found that the long-term coffee drinkers had a significantly reduced risk of developing type-2 diabetes!
4. Pain reduction. Norwegian researchers observed 48 people performing office work and discovered that those who drank more coffee stated they had a pain level of 41, while participants who didn’t consume coffee stated they had a pain level of 55.
5. Weight loss. Green coffee extract has proven to be an effective weight loss aid. A 22 week study of 16 overweight adults found that participants who were given green coffee bean extract had significant weight loss with nearly 37.5 percent of them transitioning from pre-obesity weight to a normal weight range.
Where is your favorite place to grab coffee in Chicago? Share in the comments below for a chance to be featured in our blog!