Chiropractic Care and TMJD
Every day, we see that there are new and chronic diseases developing in the world. Fortunately, thanks to technology, doctors, and scientists, we have treatment options for each one of those diseases. An incredibly painful and common issue that we often encounter in patients is that of joint dysfunction, or some other sort of bone/joint pain which can be quite serious.
Any kind of joint disorder or disease can be quite painful, and sometimes the pain exceeds the normal limit and becomes unbearable. In order to avoid that situation where the pain becomes unbearable, you need to go to the doctor or inform someone about it and get it treated as soon as possible.
Read on to learn about a common problem that is estimated to affect 30 percent of the adults at some point of their life!
We are talking about the Temporomandibular joint dysfunction also known as the (TMJD) and (TMD). What actually happens is that your temporomandibular is basically a hinge that connects your lower jaw to the upper jaw and the skull. These joints are located in front of each ear. It is a very complex structure made up of hard and soft tissues, and it allows you to move your face in multiple directions. For example, all your facial movements, eating, and speaking happens with this jaw. If it is not working properly, then you definitely are going to face problems in performing all these daily routine functions.
What causes TMJD?
Now, doctors yet have not discovered a single specific reason for the Temporomandibular joint dysfunction. However, they believe that it can arise due to any problem in the muscle of your jaw or with the parts of the joint and bones itself.
However, we are going to jot down a few common reasons that can cause the Temporomandibular dysfunction.
- Teeth grinding or jaw clenching often due to continuous stress
- Any trauma or injury to the jaw
- Arthritis in the joint
- Deep infection in the jaw
- Poor alignment of the jaw or teeth when biting food
Symptoms of TMJD
Symptoms of TMJD include, but are not limited to:
- Pain in your jaw, neck, shoulder or tenderness in your face when you speak, eat or open your mouth wide
- Jaw lock in an open or closed mouth position
- A tired feeling in your face specially jaws
- Swelling on any side of your face without any reason
- Trouble in chewing or biting food
- Headache in the occipital region or the forehead
- Hearing loss and pain in the ears
If you are suffering from any of the symptoms mentioned above, please contact Dr. Fisher at Gold Coast Chiropractic today! There is no need to live with this type of pain in your life. Chiropractic can help!
Chiropractic Care and TMJD
A chiropractor is a professional who is focused on treating neuromuscular disorder specifically by manual adjustments and manipulations of the spine. You might be wondering how can a chiropractor treat your jaw bone dysfunction, and you are certainly not alone in this! Many people don’t know how it works and how can it be treated via chiropractic care.
Here we are going to list down a few benefits of the chiropractic treatment which will teach you why we consider chiropractic the best treatment option for TMJD.
- It is a drug free treatment and no surgeries are required to be done in it.
- It is all done manually with mere hands and it heals your inner injuries or dislocated bones in a very short time.
- It helps a lot in relieving stress along with fixing your TMJD and it has a long term affect which avoids the dysfunction for a long time.
- It improves posture and balances your entire body system along with you body’s chemistry
- It improves sleep too because so many people cannot sleep just because of pain, stress and body aches, the regular chiropractic treatment can relax your body and remove your pain.
- There is no risk in this treatment and the maximum problem that you can face with it is a little soreness or archiness at the site of adjustment.
- It can fix other issues too such as fertility, headaches, ear infections, menstrual disorder and many more.
- If you’ve got your jaw locked and can’t move then the chiropractor can fix it within a few minutes just by using his hands and adjusting your jaw bones (No drugs or surgery required)
- They also provide nutrition and exercise suggestions as per your health and body.
There are so many other benefits of getting chiropractic treatment and it is undeniably one of the best treatments that you can ever get. So, instead of going to the doctor for some sort of surgery or medicines, call Dr. Fisher at Gold Coast Chiropractic, located in Chicago, Illinois today!
Gold Coast Chiropractic Can Help Treat Your TMJD
We all have heard the phrase “no pain, no gain,” but when it comes to a chiropractic treatment, things are a little different. Even when you are not experiencing pain or any sort of discomfort, you can gain from routine care. Routine chiropractic can help improve health and well-being, and even serve as preventative treatment for ailments such as TMJD.
Furthermore, it can also serve as an early detection system for new problems, which is why we recommend it for everyone. Chiropractic offers a proactive way to treat life’s common and more serious ailments, ranging from headaches, to TMJD, and every thing in between. Contact Gold Coast Chiropractic today to set up your consultation and appointment with Dr. Fisher. We look forward to working with you!
1150 North State Street, Suite 310
Chicago, Illinois 60610