9 Best Desserts in Chicago
With so many amazing restaurants to choose from in Chicago, it’s hard to choose where to go for a night on the town. Dessert is a fun way to indulge every now and again, and we made a list of what we consider to be the 9 best desserts in Chicago. Take a look and let us know what you think!
- Brioche Doughnuts with Hot Fudge at Mindy’s Hot Chocolate
- Any dessert you order from Mindy’s Hot Chocolate will amaze you, but the brioche doughnuts remain one of the staples on the menu that have people coming back over and over again.
- Drunkin’ Donuts with Jamo Soft Serve at Boiler Room
- Light and flaky doughnuts coated in powdered sugar and cinnamon, served alongside Jamo soft serve (flavored with a healthy amount of Jameson Irish whiskey)
- 9-Layer Chocolate Cake at Formento’s
- This 9-layer chocolate cake is built with the perfect chocolate cake, rich chocolate pudding, and hazelnut praline — the perfect ending to your meal.
- Pie at Hoosier Mama Pie Co.
- The flaky, buttery crust in Hoosier Mama Pie Co.’s pies is out of this world. Their pie selection changes on a daily basis, depending on availability, but we can promise you’ll never go wrong with any of their choices.
- Churros at Xoco
- Hot, golden, crunchy strips of fried dough sprinkled with sugar and served with chocolate dipping sauce or soft-serve ice cream, these churros are what dreams are made of. Not enough? They also come glazed in your choice of pistachio, hazelnut, or chocolate-peanut.
- Homemade Banana Pudding at BJ’s Market
- BJ’s Market has some of the best soul food in the world, and their banana pudding is no exception. Be sure to save room for this sweet treat!
- Big Anne at Alliance Bakery
- Chocolate mousse, vanilla brûlée, and hazelnut praline are the stars of Big Anne – an absolute must have from Alliance Bakery. Run, don’t walk, to get this dessert right now.
- Basque Cake at The Bristol
- This is near the top of Chicago’s must-have desserts. With a golden-brown exterior, perfectly baked inside, candied almonds, raspberry jam, and vanilla bourbon ice cream, just one bite of this is enough to make you wake up dreaming of its goodness.
- S’More’s Pizza at Bar Toma
- This s’more’s pizza is piled high with marshmallows, cinnamon sugar, Nutella, and graham cracker crumbles, making it an adult sugar rush in all the right ways.