8 Reasons to be Pumped for Fall in Chicago
Fall — the magical time in Chicago between the blistering heat of the summer and the ice cold winds of winter. The golden autumn light makes the beautiful skyline all the more radiant, and the crisp winds off of Lake Michigan make the city truly magical.
Here are 8 reasons to be pumped for fall in Chicago this year:
1. The weather. For a brief time period, the weather in Chicago is truly perfect. No more sweating through your clothes on the way to work, and no fear of turning into an icicle during the commute. The fall temps are absolutely perfect.
2. Lincoln Park Zoo. When the leaves are changing, the zoo becomes even more amazing. Grab the family and go enjoy a perfect fall day with some amazing animals.
3. All (most) the sports teams are playing! Guys. For the first time in a long time, the Cubs, Bears, Bulls, and Blackhawks are all playing in the month of October.
4. The informal costume parade on the CTA on Halloween. This makes for some of the absolute best people watching on planet Earth, trust us.
5. Chicago International Film Festival. See over 150 indie and foreign films during the Chicago International Film Festival!
6. Chilly days are the perfect time hit up some of the amazing museums. Like this outstanding exhibit on David Bowie.
7. Pumpkin patches and apple picking. Nothing says fall quite like going to a pumpkin patch or picking some apples. Chicago has a lot of great options — check out this guide to the best apple picking near Chicago.
8. Chicago Humanities Festival. This outstanding festival consists of fascinating talks, performances, and beyond. With several dates and options, it’s got something that everyone will love.
What are your favorite things about Chicago in the fall? Share them with us in the comments below!