Chicago’s Navy Pier is one of the city’s top attractions. With so much to do and see, the Navy Pier is the perfect place to celebrate summer. Here are 5 of our favorite ways to soak up summer on the Navy Pier!
1. Catch a summer blockbuster at the IMAX Theatre. Catch summer’s hottest movies on the Navy Pier IMAX Theatre’s six-story movie screen with incredible surround sound! To see the current offerings, check out http://imax.com/chicago!
2. Go on a lightning-fast architecture tour. The 75-minute Seadog architecture tour takes off from Navy Pier, zips along the lakefront, zooms down the Chicago River, and teaches you all about the amazing architecture of Chicago along the way.
3. Ride the famous Ferris Wheel. What’s a trip to Navy Pier without a ride on the Ferris Wheel? Rising up to 150 feet in the sky, you can take in views of the skyline and Lake Michigan that will take your breath away!
4. Become a kid again. Visit the Chicago Children’s Museum which offers 3 floors of fun for families. This summer’s special exhibit is Zoom Room: The Ultimate Toy Car Experience. It features more than 40 tracks (up to 20-feet long and 12-feet high), hundreds of toy cars, loops, jumps, dips, drops, ramps, crash sights, and the chance to race your friends!
5. View the amazing fireworks display. On Wednesday and Saturday evenings from Memorial Day through Labor Day, you can see an incredible firework show over Lake Michigan! View the schedule here.