5 Smoothie Recipes for More Energy Every Morning
Most of us looking who desperately need energy in the morning find ourselves reaching for the coffee pot for the extra jolt we need to get us going. While coffee is a great way to start your morning, it’s best nourish your body with great foods from the moment you wake up in order to have lasting energy throughout the day.
Smoothies are a quick and easy way to pack more nutrients into your diet that will energize you all day long. Here are 5 smoothie recipes that will give you more energy every morning:
1. Green Power Smoothie
- 1 cup kale leaves, packed
- 1/2 large, ripe pear
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 cup plain soy milk
- Chop the kale, pear, and banana into bite-sized pieces and place in an airtight container or freezer bag. Add the almond butter and freeze. Add the soymilk to the frozen ingredients, then purée in a blender until smooth.
2. Chocolate, Chia, and Banana Smoothie
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 Cup baby spinach
- 2 Tablespoons soaked chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon raw cacao nibs or powder
- 2 Cups walnut milk
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon lucuma
- a pinch sea salt
- honey to taste
- Prepare the walnut milk and soak the chia seeds. To soak chia seeds: mix 1/3 cup of whole chia seeds in 2 cups water, apple juice, or nut milk for at least 20 minutes. The seeds will become a gel, and you can store this gel in the fridge for up to a week. Add all ingredients to blender and blend till smooth.
3. Green Tea Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 large honeydew melon, cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup strong brewed green tea
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
4. Creamsicle Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 cup cold pure coconut water (no added sugar or flavor)
- 1 cup nonfat Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup frozen or fresh mango chunks
- 3 tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups ice
- Blend ingredients until smooth.
5. Rise and Shine Coffee Smoothie
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup coffee (cold or room temp.)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut flakes
- handful of ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth
Do you have a favorite morning smoothie recipe? We’d love to hear it!