15 Reasons You Should Be Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar
Odds are, you have a bottle of apple cider vinegar. But, past salad dressing, did you know that apple cider vinegar has many other uses for your health? In fact, scientific studies support a broad selection of health benefits, from lowering cholesterol to curing dandruff.
For maximum health benefits, start looking for organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar that has the “mother” in the bottle (which are strands of enzymes, proteins, and friendly bacteria). Start off by taking one dose mixed in a glass of water at night or in the morning. If you need to be convinced why, keep reading for 15 benefits you may not know about…
15 Benefits Of Taking Apple Cider Vinegar
Called ACV for short, Apple Cider Vinegar has a wealth of benefits for your body if you’re willing to commit to taking it each day.
- Indigestion: If you suffer from stomach issues, apple cider vinegar can enhance your digestion if taken before every meal. It is well worth taking apple cider vinegar as a preventative measure if you know you are going to be eating foods you have responded to in the past. Add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon of honey into a glass of water and drink it 30 minutes before you plan on eating.
- Sore Throat Care: Feel a sore throat? Stop soreness in its tracks with apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid, which keeps it from multiplying and reaching levels and kills bacteria. Combine apple cider vinegar with water and gargle every hour or as needed.
- Lowers Cholesterol: For people with high cholesterol, you might benefit from the effects of apple cider vinegar. A 2012 study found that subjects with high levels of fat in their blood had levels and significantly lower blood lipids .
- Stomach Problems: Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar into a cup of water and sip away. When it with, the antibiotic and antibacterial properties of apple cider vinegar can help cure your stomach difficulties.
- Stuffy Noses: Stuffy noses be-gone! Apple cider vinegar breaks up mucus in the human system. It contains and acetic acid, which has antibacterial properties. Mix a teaspoon in a glass of water and drink to assist in drainage.
- Blood Sugar: Apple cider vinegar can help lower glucose levels, which makes it a treatment for those with Diabetes. A 2007 study found that participants had decreased fasting blood sugar levels after eating apple cider vinegar.1 Moreover, a 2004 study found that fluctuations were reduced by apple cider vinegar in insulin and lowered blood glucose and insulin responses.2 Scientists consider the acid in apple cider vinegar has an effect that is anti-glycemic.
- Weight Loss: While there is no magic cure-all for weight loss, apple cider vinegar has been demonstrated to suppress the appetite. The acid in apple cider vinegar reduces water retention, increases your metabolism, and tames hunger. A Japanese research project in 2009 found that use of apple cider vinegar decreased body fat and body fat mass in obese subjects.3 Scientists theorize that the rate at which sugars are released reducing the appetite is slowed by the acid in apple cider vinegar.
- More Energy: If you are feeling exhausted, apple cider vinegar helps boost your energy levels. It contains enzymes and potassium. The amino acids contained counteract acid build-up within the body. To recover energy, add a tablespoon or two of apple cider vinegar.
- No Dandruff: Dandruff is caused by an overgrowth of yeast, and the acidity of apple cider vinegar affects the pH of your scalp, making it more difficult for yeast. Mix 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar in your scalp with 1/4 cup water and mist. Wrap let sit for 15 minutes and a towel on your head. Wash your hair and repeat for best results.
- Clear Skin: If you suffer from acne, use apple cider vinegar to help clear your skin. The properties of apple cider vinegar help to keep acne under control, and acids moisturize and soften skin, reduce spots that are red, and balance the pH of your skin. Apple cider vinegar makes a great toner, leaving skin looking more healthy.
- Leg Cramps: Do you suffer from leg cramps? They may be a sign that you are low in potassium. Apple cider vinegar is a great source of potassium, and can help relieve that Charlie horse. Mix 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon honey in a glass of water and drink when you are feeling a leg cramp.
- Better Breath: If you’ve got smelly breath even try an apple cider vinegar gargle. The acid in apple cider vinegar has properties which kill. Gargle with it, or drink a teaspoon diluted with water to destroy the bacteria.
- Whiter Teeth: Get rid of stains on your teeth with apple cider vinegar. The vinegar helps remove stains and whiten teeth. Gargle with apple cider vinegar brush as usual.
- Fade Bruises: Apple cider vinegar has anti-inflammatory properties. Put an apple cider vinegar compress on a bruise.
- Cures Hiccups: Hiccups can be an problem, and lots of the remedies don’t work on hiccups. Not so with apple cider vinegar! An apple cider vinegar lollipop was created by one teenager specifically. By over-stimulating the nerves in the throat responsible for the 22, the apple cider vinegar cancels out the message. For an hiccup cure, swallow a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.