12 Creative and Useful Health Life Hacks You Can Use Now
In this day and age, we are all looking for anything to make our lives easier. If there’s a shortcut or life hack that can also help us with our health goals, even better! We’ve scoured the Internet and put together a list of 12 creative and useful health life hacks that you can use right now — check them out and let us know what you think!
- Trying to eat less? Use a smaller plate. It helps your mind think there’s more food while limiting what you can pile on your plate.
- If you’re trying to quit smoking, head to the sauna for 3 days in a row. You’ll sweat out the nicotine and it’ll be easier to quit.
- Place a Tums pill on a mouth ulcer and it will help heal it quickly!
- Shrink a pimple by putting a dab of Listerine on it — the alcohol will help dry it out and cause it to fade.
- Since smell is strongly linked to memory, chewing the same flavor gum when taking a test as you did when you were studying can help improve your memory.
- Need a natural sore throat or cold remedy? Mix hot water, 2 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of vinegar, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and a dash of cinnamon. Mix well and drink up.
- Applying toothpaste to a burn can help soothe the pain and stop the burning.
- Trying to grow out your hair? Eat salmon! It’s omega-3s can help.
- Smiling naturally lifts the muscles in your face and slows down the rate at which you age.
- Lemon juice with a pinch of salt each morning has proven to lower cholesterol levels and increase weight loss efforts.
- Exhale on alternate feet while running to avoid cramps. This prevents adding extra stress to one side of your body.
- If your throat itches, scratch your ear. Doing so stimulates the nerves in your ear and creates a reflect in the throat which causes a muscle spasm that kills the itchy feeling.